Based in Hampshire, England.
11th April 2011
The Wizard of Oz app by Boluga is a remarkable re-working of the original book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, telling the story in a way never experienced before. The app features the original illustrations of W.W. Denslow digitally remastered and brought to life with stunning effect. Children and adults alike can immerse themselves in the adventures of Dorothy and her friends, with over 20 interactive and dynamic pages. The clever use of the physics engine combined with the tilt and touch features of the iPad let you take part in the story. A story which has been carefully abridged to stay true to the original, resulting in an app with 112 pages in total. “This classic story has been reproduced for film and theatre with great success. We wanted to bring the same level of excitement to reading the book.” said Robert Cunningham-Brown, founder of Boluga, “Only this time, with OZ and the iPad, you can play and interact with the characters like never before.” Brett Robinson of Fhoke, who are responsible for the design of The Wizard of Oz app, said “We jumped at the chance of working with Boluga to turn a 110 year old book into a beautifully enhanced interactive iPad app. The stunning original illustrations have been remastered and brought to life with colour and animation. Not only is this app an example of what can be achieved using modern technology and a little imagination - it's a magical and immersive read for parents and children of all ages.”
Most people know the story of The Wizard of Oz from the Hollywood hit film of the same title. However, the original book includes many additional characters and interesting storylines, as as well as some significant differences from the film. For example, did you know that the famous ruby slippers weren't ruby at all in the book - they were in fact silver! The fantasic colours and distinctive style of W.W.Denslow's illustrations brought the story to life for generations before the film was released, and when the team at Boluga discovered the full works were available for use in an app, bringing the story to life for current and future generations seemed like the perfect project to start with.
- Experience the story of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz like never before!
- This is a remarkable re-working of the original book by L. Frank Baum.
- Carefully abridged to stay true to the original text, with 112 beautiful pages.
- Featuring the original illustrations of W.W. Denslow, digitally remastered and brought to life with stunning effect.
- Children and adults alike can immerse themselves in the adventures of Dorothy and her friends.
- The clever use of the physics engine combined with the tilt and touch features of the your device, let you take part in the story.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top 100 Stunning iPad Apps" The Wizard of Oz, Apps Magazine, Issue 19
- "Number 1 in Books" The Wizard of Oz, US Apple App Store, April 2013
- "…it makes me feel like I’m reading a magical book from a library that existed long ago."
- The Wizard of Oz, AppAdvice.com
- "…The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, in an inviting, and more importantly, enjoyable, way."
- The Wizard of Oz, RazorianFly.com
- "…this book comes alive and makes it an intriguing read for both kids and adults alike."
- The Wizard of Oz, TouchReviews.net
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Boluga Limited
Boluga is an independent app development studio based in Hampshire, England. Primarily focusing on projects for Apple's iOS platform, Boluga have created successful apps across a broad range of categories, including Books, Business and Games.
More information on Boluga Limited, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Wizard of Oz Credits