Based in Hampshire, England.
10th May, 2011
Press / Business contact:
+44 (0) 1264 781 611
Boluga is an independent app development studio based in Hampshire, England. Primarily focusing on projects for Apple's iOS platform, Boluga have created successful apps across a broad range of categories, including Books, Business and Games.
Boluga's founder, Rob Cunningham-Brown, began his career in web development, including several years with lastminute.com in the boom and bust of the late 90's and early 00's. He then went on to spend 10 years outside of the tech industry, running the family business: a large group of food manufacturing companies supplying Europe's leading supermarkets. However, technology was always his passion, and with the launch of the iPhone Rob saw the opportunity to once again take part in a highly disruptive and dynamic industry. Soon after the iPad was launched, development of the company's first app, an interactive book adapted from the original story of The Wizard of Oz, began and Boluga was formed. The book received many glowing reviews and at one point reached number 1 in the US Books category.Present
A successful mix of home-grown projects and client work followed, including jobs for the City of London, one of the world's richest men, and several joint-ventures. One such joint-venture is a unique app for the iPad called 'Shine'. Shine enables you to create stunning graphical CVs (Resumes) that will help you to stand out from the crowd when trying to land your dream job. The app has been featured by Apple in the UK and US, as well as receiving outstanding critical reviews. Such success has meant that the team at Boluga has been able to grow and is now proud to include Josh and Chris as full time developers.Future
Boluga are now in the fortunate position of being able to focus fully on their own creations, and recently released the official Flash Gordon game to the App Store.
There are currently no trailers available for Boluga Limited. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for Boluga Limited, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured by Apple in the App Store" - Shine, June 2013
- "Top 100 Stunning iPad Apps" - The Wizard of Oz, Apps Magazine, Issue 19
- "Number 1 in Books" - The Wizard of Oz, US Apple App Store, April 2013
- "The prettiest résumé builder you ever did see"
- Sarah Lane, iPad Today, TWiT.TV
- "…it makes me feel like I’m reading a magical book from a library that existed long ago."
- The Wizard of Oz, AppAdvice.com
- "…The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, in an inviting, and more importantly, enjoyable, way."
- The Wizard of Oz, RazorianFly.com
- "…this book comes alive and makes it an intriguing read for both kids and adults alike."
- The Wizard of Oz, TouchReviews.net
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Managing Director, Boluga
William Joseph Ltd.